Some interesting snippets from the article:
"In a recent survey by Harris Interactive, the following results were found concerning smiles:
• 94% said that a smile is the first thing they notice when meeting someone.
• 71% believe people with a nice smile make friends more easily than people with crooked teeth.
• 75% of adults believe that an attractive smile is important for succeeding at the workplace.
• 45% believe that bad teeth are a sign of bad personal hygiene.
• Over 1/3 of people polled agree that bad teeth overshadow the rest of a person’s appearance.
• 86% think people with good teeth are more attractive to the opposite sex."
"With the latest technological advancements in Orthodontics, Dr. Bhatia is able to treat extreme cases, such as the one photographed above, without the need for surgery. TADS, or Orthodontic Mini Pins, enable accurate, predictable tooth movement by providing stable non-movable anchor units. They can be strategically placed to move the teeth that need moving, without compromising the position of teeth that don’t need to be moved. They can also help us convert a case that may need jaw surgery into a non-surgical situation! Our IOC Digital Photo Scanner eliminates the need for gag inducing, goopy impressions that are required for appliances such as expanders, INVISALIGN and INVISALIGN Teen."
Thanks for reading and keep smiling!